Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Legend of Mauka

Mauka, Mauka, Mauka. I'm so glad your name was pulled from the basket of despair today. That makes you the lucky winner of my Blog Spotlight. I shall introduce you to the world. There once was a young man named Mauka. He dreamed of one day having a noble and rewarding career in Religion. He was a humble boy who worked hard, studied the bible, and refrained from vulgar activities of any kind. One day Mauka looked in a mirror. He couldn't help but think, "Damn, I'm HOT." When the curse word entered his brain, the flood gates were opened and he began to change. First he grew his hair into flowing red locks. Then he began to work out... and get tattoos .... and chase women. Now young Mauka no longer wished to have a career in Religion. He wanted a fast car and a breezy life style. The only way to have the money and power of which he dreamed was to become ...you guessed it... a social worker. So, in January of 2011, a kind, generous, lovely woman named Jorgi hired him to be a case manager. Now Mauka's dreams were coming true. Now he was able to woo the hot chick, Meganne, with his extravagances. And they all lived happily ever after. Except for the coworkers. When interviewed regarding Mauka, Misty blushed and accidentally called him 'Fabio'. She went on to say that working in the office next to Mauka is very distracting because he is 'office eye candy'. She said he is not even a little bit 'freakn weird'. Poor Misty. Her unrequited love could pose a problem to our productivity. Pam, of course, loves Mauka for a different reason. He is taking her daughter, Meganne, off of Pam's hands. Pam occasionally twirls around her office singing, "I get my house back, I get my house back, lalalala, I get my house back." Also, the white chocolate macademia nut cookies he brought us has endeared him to the whole team. Some women drool over Mauka, Pam and I drool over his cookies. Seriously- Mauka is a fabulous addition to our team. He is 'naïve enough to think he can save the world', according to Pam. Personally, I think it's sad that Pam and I are so jaded, we believe we can't. Welcome to our team, Mauka. We promise we won't hang any mirrors near your office. That way you can get some work done.

No comments: