
Today was the opening day of 2009 Spring Soccer. This was a new and different season for the following reasons:
1. The Boy has moved up into a new age group, so he was one of the youngest kids in this league. He is playing with kids up to the age of 13 because there are not enough kids in the oldest league to play, so they sprinkled them into my son's league. I was prepared to be upset about that, but it was ok today.
2. They no longer have adult volunteer refs. Beginning this year the YMCA is partnering with the high school soccer coach. The high school players are putting on free soccer clinics and are reffing the youth league games. I liked that better.
Above is a picture of The Boy playing today. I was trying to figure out my new camera, but I was having trouble with it and kept missing or blurring the shots. I think I need to take a class. (Just what you need, right? MORE pictures of my family!)
It never ceases to amaze me at the number of little kids that race up and down the bleachers, kick the bleachers, whine for drinks, play on the sidelines between me and the game I'm trying to watch, run onto the field during games, and generally go completely without active parenting. Next week, I'm bringing a taser. Watch your kids ... or else.

No comments:
Post a Comment