Sunday, March 22, 2009

The End of an Era




My daughter, Chickie, has a birthday in April. She'll be 24. Sigh.

This weekend she came to visit me. We were at the mall Friday night and I told her that since I may not see her again until after her birthday, she should pick something out. As she has done every year since she was about 12, she made a beeline for Hot Topic. (She was one of those weird goth kids that wore a lot of black BEFORE Twilight came out.)

Anyway, the point is, we walked out of Hot Topic empty handed. Seriously. For the first time EVER she found nothing she wanted in there. Instead I got her a pair of comfy shoes, a maternity top, some socks, a new purse, and we ate dinner out. No black boots. No black camisole. No sarcastic t-shirt. No funky ear rings. Who is this person and what has she done with my daughter?

No comments: