Friday, March 6, 2009

Does anyone watch the news?

The news is so depressing I can barely get through it without opening a vein. Tonight I was watching a discussion of Bernie Madoff's attempts to plea bargain. Supposedly he is willing to spend the remainder of his life in prison (where he will NOT be victimized by other criminals because it is highly doubtful that any of them invested with him) in exchange for immunity for his wife. She would get to keep 62 MILLION dollars and the penthouse in New York. In the same segment they interviewed a 90 year old man who lost everything in the Madoff scheme. He has had to go to work as a greeter at a grocery store just to survive. There is no chance of justice here, only punishment. I think his wife needs to stand trial as well. She is so clearly hiding assets. But I guess they think no one will notice their connivances based on previous experience with the gullibility of human nature.

In June my kitchen tv will no longer work. Then I will not be able to watch the news anymore. I will have to watch 'Drake and Josh' with my son, or watch 'Dirty Jobs' with my husband. I'm thinking that maybe this is a good thing. :-) I have the world's most awesome son. And I'm not just saying that because he's reading over my shoulder while I type.

No comments: