Thursday, June 18, 2009

Houston, We Have a Problem

This morning I was going to go on a camping trip. Instead, I got a phone call shortly after my husband left for work. To make a long story short, he flipped his car end over end. NONE of his front or side curtain airbags deployed. When the moon roof shattered and the top of the car caved in, he was beat up quite a bit. He's going to be ok. He has more tests scheduled for Monday just to answer a few questions. In the meantime, he's at home in a soft collar. Tomorrow he's going to be hurting.

I told him once that I would crawl over broken glass for him. Today I actually did. I went to the salvage lot to get all of his stuff out of the car. The front driver's side door wouldn't open, which was balanced out by the front passenger door that won't close. Anyway, I had to crawl across the seat to get his glasses, cell phone, etc from the floorboard. Ouch.
Here are a few shots of the now-totaled car.















No comments: