Today I took The Boy to Wal-Mart for a baseball fundraiser. All he had to do was ask for donations. The next fundraiser will be harder. They have to wash cars the Saturday after next.
After that we went to the field for a practice game. This year he has moved up from the midget league to the minor league. HUGE changes. People in this town take their baseball VERY seriously. The minor league field has a concession stand and bleachers and a crow's nest. The midget league games were in a field behind the YMCA and everyone sat on lawn chairs. We also have to pay admission now to watch The Boy play. Let me just tally this up.
$ 25 sign up fee.
$ 35 for white pants, jock strap, cup and red sox.
$100 in donations must be collected or I have to make up the difference.
$ 30 season pass for the family to all the games.
$ 15 for snacks and drinks for the team at one of the games.
That's $205 to play baseball. That doesn't count the dinner dance ($100 a couple) or the proceeds from the car wash. No wonder the kids with single moms can't play.
Anyway, we loved watching The Boy play today. I get a little tired of it by the end of the season, but mostly I LOVE baseball. When we got home I made chili dogs for dinner. It seemed like the All-American thing to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment